Friday 27 August 2021

Just harvested another couple of tomatoes

Considering I've never grown tomatoes before in my life and it was very much lumbered on me, I've just harvested another couple of tomatoes from our plants.  I don't reckon there will be a harvest tomorrow 'cos they still look a bit too orange, but hopefully we'll get one (or was it two??) on Sunday.  It'll be at least a few days, prolly getting on for a week before the next harvest 'cos the other tomatoes are still very very green, so I'll keep watering them and monitoring their colour, until they are pickable too.

 

Here's today's photo:


They were both the size of a small "wonky" tomato you would get in a supermarket, but they were big enough for two mouthfuls per tomato for me an' 'im and they tasted so much better 'cos they were home-grown and had only been off the vine for minutes as opposed to days like the supermarket ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment