Thursday 12 May 2022

Book Review: "Double Booked" by Lily Lindon

Kindle:
Hardback:
Paperback:
⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5


I'll start this review off the way I've started all my other recent book reviews, by saying that this book is starting off with all 5 stars stuck firmly in place and that I'm hopeful that they will all still be there by the time I finish reading.

Let's get going  😉


Right from the first page of the first chapter, I'm hooked.  This already squeals "gimme the full 5 stars!" at me.  If the rest of the book is like the first page and there is no trademark infringement (my usual reason for knocking a star off an otherwise 5 star book) it'll be a five star book in my eyes.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Oh dear, the first star is looking wobbly 'cos of the authors use of a TV series and two characters within it.  Apparently the programme isn't airing any more, so the star is hanging on for dear life, but it's not as solid as it was at the start of this review unfortunately.

What an awesome first chapter!  I'll have to remember "Pumpernickle" for use with my friends too lol

OMGosh!  I'm up to chapter 5 already!  Those 4 chapters were incredible... what and awesome debut by this author!

The brand names are popping up occasionally for things that are still current, so the fifth star is finally wobbling off at the end of chapter 8 - my sense of fair play has finally won again.

Wow.  The end of chapter 10 was intense... I'm liking this book more and more as I turn each page!

These jokes are so painful they are right up my street lol  It's good to see my humour in a book for a change... makes me feel more complete and understood at last!  My hubby groaned at the pirate joke but that's just our different senses of humour clashing heads again is all lol

OMG!  I'm seeing me (via my star sign) written in this book too... I thought it was just my disability that made me so reliant on my calendar, but seemingly not!  I wonder what I'll learn or even chuckle at next?!

Time to hit the hay for the night now, but this is a great book so far and I've got up to chapter 16 which seems to be a good place to stop and I'll start again in the morning.

Mornin', afternoon and approaching evening... this book has totally dragged me in yet again!  This is the first time I've stopped reading all day other than to have my lunch and it's luring me back in even now.  This is a must-read for everyone!

And again... I'm very nearly at the end of the book and haven't written anything for 2 hours lol  If you want to read a good LGBTQIAF that is spot on pretty much throughout, then you need to read this book!

Wow.

What an intense chapter.

There were hints throughtout the book but didn't expect it to happen like that!

I'm in tears now.  

It takes a truly incredible book to do that.  My vision and glasses went so blurry with tears at one point that I had to sob my heart out without them on and the tears are still streaming down my cheeks and plopping onto my thighs.

Just finished the book and it was truly incredible.  I wasn't expecting the epilogue, but it is beautifully written and the perfect ending to the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment