Friday 15 May 2015

Just ranting

There's an idiot at the end of the road who, every time he sees me walking Mitzi, he says "if your dog pisses there you'll have to clear it up".

The first time he said it, Steve phoned the council and the police and we're not doing anything wrong... it's not illegal for a dog to wee on the street, just poo.  Yes, Mitzi does sometimes poo on the street but when she does, I bring her home, get the long-handled pooper scooper from our yard and a nappy sack out of the pack in the kitchen and go and clear it up.  Always have, always will.  I don't enjoy it but it comes with the responsibility of owning a dog.

Mitzi usually only wee's outside her house then that's it until we come home.  I can count the number of times she's wee'd elsewhere on the street on one hand and still have fingers left.

So, I'm going to keep walking Mitzi down that side of the road because it's a public footpath and we're not doing anything wrong.  Next time the bloke says it to me I'll just say something along the lines of "this is a public footpath.  The police have already told us that we're not breaking the law so please leave me alone" then carry on with Mitzi's walk.  If he says anything about it after that I'll get him arrested for harassing me and Mitzi.

He thinks he owns the whole flippin' street but he doesn't and we're not breaking any laws so leave me alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment