Wednesday 19 April 2023

Nite nite orl

I've just taken my last two pills of the day and checked my smart metre IHD and I'm feeling particularly proud of myself.


Why?


Because in the 9 days since it sent off the first reading, I haven't even used ¾ of my daily budget in a single day!  My daily budget is £4 and the most I've spent in a single day was £2.97 when I did 3 cycles of laundry (including a 4 hour wool wash) as well as using the oven and I think the hob too, so I'm feeling pretty proud of myself.  I can do this budgeting thing after all and I really don't know what I'd do without my IHD now, other than spending waaaay too much on electricity unnecessarily!


I've been doing a bit more reading up on why I was charged the non-smart amount and apparently it can take up to 6 weeks for it all to change over, so I'll have one more £311 bill then it should drop pretty significantly after that, especially if I keep going so far under my daily budget!  I don't reckon I'll even hit £1.75 by midnight today either, 'cos I've only used £1.35 of electricity today and I'm about to shut my laptop down, so doubt I'll spend 40p by midnight if I've only spent 90p more since it ticked over to today.  Basically, I'll be able to spend a good, long time in the bath tomorrow without worrying about how much it's costing me.


I'm going to bed with a huge relieved smile on my face now.


Nite nite orl.


No comments:

Post a Comment