Thursday 22 June 2023

I give up

Just a bit of a rant about tomorrow, so turn back now if you want or need to.


My SIL has arranged for a deep clean of the house tomorrow and I had a question about how much hot water they needed so I emailed them because my weekly budget is so limited with the electricity (and the emersion heater gobbles up £1 an hour of it) and I had to pay over £300 in advance for them to do it, which I wasn't happy about but I had to do it so that they would come over.


I've just had my SIL on the phone saying that I shouldn't have sent it and that they will need the hot water for as long as they need it.


I've got a bad feeling that they won't even turn up tomorrow and the emersion heater will be gobbling up money that I really can't afford now.  I hope I'm wrong of course, but if they haven't turned up by 9.45am I'm gonna turn the emersion off and I'll have basically wasted the best part of £325 that I won't be able to get back.  I'm also getting the feeling that not only won't they turn up but they won't refund my money either and I won't have a leg to stand on because I agreed to it by paying in advance apparently.


I bet my SIL will give them an absolutely glowing report too, just to really put the tin hat on it all.


I've had more than I can take now - people want to spend my money without even thinking about what I want or need, so I'll just pay up and shut up from now on <shrug>


No comments:

Post a Comment