Wednesday 30 July 2014

What an awesome feeling!

I know this may not sound like much, but it's the first time I've done it and, to me, it feels like I've won a gold medal at the paralympics!

I've just been out alone and posted a letter!

OK, so it took 2 of us to put the chair together and 3 of us (I'm including our awesome neighbour in this because without him the chair would still be together and me and Steve would be at each others throats) to fold it up but it's something I wouldn't have even imagined doing 10 days ago!

I'm totally independent with the chair for the first time in my life and I can unfold and fold it with help!

What a totally awesome feeling!  This is the start of the new, independent and free me!

I'll need to leave an extra half an hour to fold the chair up and down, but the blokes who delivered it yesterday said to expect that the first few times!

I'm thinking that my next trip out will be in the evenings or after it's rained or something because it's just too hot to play silly buggers with it during the day right now!

I did it though, for the first time in my life I've used an electric wheelchair safely!  Yaaaay!

No comments:

Post a Comment