Wednesday 31 December 2014

Feeling so proud of myself!

I took myself for a trip into town for the first time in over a decade... no big deal except that it is for me because I did literally everything myself for the first time since I've had the wheelchair!

If you imagine something that you've wanted to do for over a decade and the only thing stopping you was your self confidence... that was me yesterday.

Now imagine you've done it - that is an amazing feeling, eh?  That's me today.

For the first time since I've had Patrick the powerchair, I've had a taste of total freedom that I haven't had since I first got ill in 1999!

It means that I've crossed off the first of my New Year's resolutions already... next stop, the spiritualist church to see if it's wheelchair accessible.  If it is, I'll be going there regularly now that I've tasted independence!

I did literally everything today... I took Patrick into the street, assembled him, took him to the pharmacy then into town then home and took him apart and put him to bed... his batteries are even charging up now which I also did alone for the first time since I've had him!

I'm feeling on top of the world now!

No comments:

Post a Comment