Saturday 10 March 2018

Money differences between me and Steve

After all the bills have been paid and I've paid for the groceries at about £50 a week, I'm left with a grand total of £4 a month.

I asked Steve how much he had left after all his bills have been paid every month.

"Barely anything" says he.

"How much is that though?" I asked.

"About 20 quid" says he.

"That's 5 times the amount that I'm left with" says I.

Steve sighs and shakes his head in frustration.

"See why I don't want you to spend more than £50 a week on shopping?  Even if you spend £51 a week, I'm left with precisly nothing.

He's left with the same amount in one month as I am in five yet he says he struggles to pay for things and have any money left for himself.

What about me then??  I wanna see how you cope with having £4 a month to survive on instead of your current £20!

See why I buy very little for myself with the weekly groceries?  It's because you've already spent most of it on cake and crisps and drinks!

Monday's shopping is exactly £48.  I've got 3 bottles of pop on it, costing a grand total of £2.10.  The rest of it is Steve's stuff.  I'm trying to save money and Steve goes and adds more cake "because we've got more money to play with this week"... erm, no we haven't!!

If you think we've got more money to spend on the shopping, how about moving £16 a month over for the shopping?  Then and only then will we have "more money to play with" and it'll put us on a more even monthly budget too.

Doubt that'll happen though.

Steve can afford take aways and books and stuff every month that it takes literally months for me to be able to afford, assuming that none of the shopping has cost over £50 a week for the entire five months!  The only way that would happen is if I got 3 bottles of pop a week for myself and literally nothing else.

That'll never happen though.

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment