Wednesday 16 January 2019

Wednesday 16th January 2019

Felt incredibly proud of myself last night!

Managed to do 1262 steps and 400% yesterday!  How awesome is that?!

We did another 400% this morning, so there's 900% in the walkies bank now.  As long as we keep doing 400% every morning there will be another huge 21 days worth of walks extra in the bank again.

The pup has wanted to keep walking beyond the 400% each day so far, but I'm not willing to risk it until my body has recovered, so it's only 400% for at least this week then I'll take it as it comes next week.  I'm not going to be stupid and do a million percent every day just 'cos the pup wants to... 500% tops every other day next week, if that.
***

In the 16 days from the start of 2019 I've achieved so much.

  • I've continued to walk the pup every morning and I've been recording the number of steps I've been doing and the percentage that I walk her (400% is about 100 metres and we've been doing at least 400% every day so far).
  • I've walked at least 500 steps a day, which I know doesn't sound like a lot, but it is for me because my legs aren't able to do too much walking.
  • I've brushed my teeth every day for the last 9 days and got into the habit of doing it now, breaking the routine I've had since I was 19 years old.
  • I've been doing well without the AD for the last year.
  • I've been having at least one home cooked meal a week and choosing healthier versions of take aways (lasagne instead of burger and chips kinda thing).
  • I'm using alternatives instead of prescriptions (coconut and ginger instead of the AD and an anti-emetic).
  • I'm learning that a single bad experience doesn't have to mean a ruined day
  • I'm not spending just because I've got money or a voucher or whatever.  Instead of going "I've got a voucher for £10, what can I spend it on?" I just add it to my account so that I can spend it on something later on in the month or year.
  • I'm also saving more often too, so that instead of spending the £25 left over at the end of the month, it goes into my savings account instead.

Basically, small steps in the right direction and I'm becoming a better person because of it.  

2019 is going to be my year!
***

Supplements taken.  The Iron and B12 were a nightmare to get down but they are all swallowed now so I can carry on with the rest of my day.
***

Thanks to SCBWI and D I'm writing again!  Just need to do a minimum of 4,000 words a day and I'll still be able to complete JanNo!  Today is going to be the slowest day 'cos the first few chapters always are, but I've got 2 weeks to write 40,000 words in and it'll be finished, despite not starting (again) until today lol
***

Just added a multipack of J2O's to the shopping so as long as I do 4 chapters a day, I'm allowed a can to celebrate and it'll be done in 8 days too... wish me luck please?
***

And another dairy-free spread too, so that I can have a few slices of buttered toast occasionally.
***

Just finished the first chapter and I'm starting to get into it now, so I'm gonna take my prescription and hopefully write at least one more chapter before I head to bed.  
***

Just taken my prescription and I'll put the repeat request in on Sunday when I take the last one of the current strip which will give the doc and pharmacy 2 weeks to get it to me again which is usually plenty of time but I very much prefer to be safe than sorry - I've learnt from past mistakes with that so order when I've got 14 days left now, rather than the 7 that they say they need.

Gonna write one more chapter before I allow myself to go online before bed.  The hardest chapter is out of the way now though, so hopefully it'll be plain sailing between now and the end of January.
***

That's 2 chapters written so I'm not allowed a J2O tonight, but it's gonna be pretty good from now on and assuming I write 4 chapters a day I'll be finished in under 10 days time, which ain't bad going considering I didn't start writing until this afternoon!
***


Going to bed now - another well deserved earlyish night.

Nite nite orl!
***

 

No comments:

Post a Comment