Wednesday 14 November 2018

Wednesday 14th November 2018

Just got back from taking the pup for her walkies.  She only wanted to do 200% today, but as long as she does at least 100% every day, I'm happy with that.  It means that there's 600% in the bank after only 3 days too, which is awesome!

Time for me morning cocktail now.
***

Two gulps of squash for the Calcium, one for the Iron and two for the multi today which is about average now.

On with me writing!
***


It's official. As of 10.07pm last night I've got my first cold of the season and, as predicted, I had 2 weeks and 5 days of break between the hayfever stopping and the cold season starting. Just enough time for my nose to have recovered from all the wiping before it started up again.

My eyes are watering and I'm already sniffing today... it's the sore throat that's the worst 'cos every breath is painful and I won't be able to breathe through my nose 'cos it'll be blocked for the next 5 months - Lockets, Tunes and tissues will be a regular feature on our grocery shopping until March, when I'll have another 2 week break and the cycle will start all over again.

😒

It was good while it lasted.
*** 

That's the first chapter of the last five written. It took 3 hours to write, but it's done before lunch and I'm back in the writing headspace now so hopefully the final four chapters will just flow out of me so that I can reward myself with a can of J2O whilst watching the last two Masterchef episodes that I haven't seen.
***

Two down, three to go.

Steve's brought our lunch in, but I want to keep writing so that I don't get out of the headspace that I'm currently in. I've already achieved more in 5 hours than I did all day yesterday... I wrote one chapter during the day, one in the late afternoon and the third just before I went to bed yesterday, but I've already written 2 chapters in 5 hours as well as walking the pup today, so I'm doing well!
***

Three down, two to go now... the end of the manuscript is almost in touching distance after exactly 2 weeks!

I'm soooo close now, even though at the start of the week I was thinking that I'd be finished later than this because I was only writing 3 chapters a day instead of 4, but I've got 2 chapters to write in about 5 hours now, so hopefully I'll be able to have my celebratory J2O before I hit the sack too!
***

That's the penultimate chapter typed out so I've just got 1,500 words left to write to complete 1.5 NaNo's in exactly two weeks.

I can soo do this and still get to bed before 10pm at a normalish kinda time for me.

Gonna go and grab a can of ginger beer and take my pills ready for finishing the entire manuscript then I'll gladly guzzle the last J2O of the season and prepare to start an edit-athon for the rest of November so that I can hopefully ease myself back into my non-writing life.
***

That's me prescription taken and the can of ginger beer opened up... didn't need the extra can this morning so hopefully it'll be the same tomorrow 'cos I've only got 6 cans left!!
***

75,003 words written in 14 days is an all-time record and is gonna take some beating in future years!
***

 My prescription is kicking in and I'm totally spend after the last 2 weeks, so I'm off to bed... nite nite orl!
***



No comments:

Post a Comment