Saturday 23 September 2023

My carer's idea of support this morning was to...

...use her phone while I was getting washed and she didn't even glance up from her phone when I asked her if I'd washed everywhere and she said "uh-huh" so I dried myself, put my deodorant on and brushed my teeth and she still didn't stop looking at her phone.


I said "excuse me" when I tried to get through to the stairs and she was blocking the entire doorway with her bum.


Her idea of helping me to get dressed was to put my bra and t-shirt on backwards and snapping the elastic in my socks.


Then she decided to do the washing up which means that I now can't have any breakfast, so my entire calorie count until lunchtime will come from drinks.


Lunch will be another tin of baked beans and finishing off the grated cheese that I brought home with me 2-3 weeks ago and that will be the only solids in my belly today.


It's a good job that I'm having my weekly bath today so that I can put my clothes on the right way around.  Might go and turn the immersion heater on now so that I can have an early rather than late bath if my lunchtime carer doesn't turn up until 2.30pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment