Saturday 18 August 2018

Saturday 18th August 2018

Just taken me hayfever pill and 3 supplements.  Only the Iron went down without a problem today  😟
___

We had hash brown's for lunch!!!  Yaaaaaaay!  It doesn't take much to make me happy, but having home-cooked food is an easy way to achieve it!
___

I haven't seen my mum since the Summer of 2010 when we buried my father and went over to see her once after we got the pup.

Haven't seen her since.

Neither of us have a driving license and Steve doesn't have a car so we're kinda stuck with just the phone and email.

My brother has both a driving license and a car and he's more than happy to take her to Wales for a 3 day holiday that they came back from yesterday.

Steve's just suggested me getting a taxi over there for a few days then getting a taxi back here but at about £100 (nope, that's not a typo, I really do mean one hundred pounds) one way and being left with literally pennies at the end of each month, I don't know where I'm supposed to be magicing £200 from!!

Like Steve said, the road works in both directions and my mum has been over here a few times before my father died and it's no problem at all to give him directions if he needs them to bring her over here occasionally but my brother isn't up for that for some reason, so screw him!

My mum is 74 now so she's not getting any younger and she's got diabetes that she's struggling to keep under control with pretty much no help from her GP other than telling her she needs to lose weight.

I just haven't put my arms around her for almost exactly (as in to the month) 8 years and I miss her!
___

Completed a grand total of 2 surveys today... a bit disappointing but that's just the way it is some days!
___

Virus free and backed up for another week so I can go to bed now... at long last!

Nite nite orl!
___


No comments:

Post a Comment