Sunday 26 August 2018

Saturday 25th August 2018

It's a beautiful day out there this morning!  Nice and sunny and bright and warm without being too hot.

The puppy did an extra 50% of her walk too so she's done 350% in 2 days instead of the 200% that I would have been happy with.  She's a senior pup now so I'm taking my lead from her every morning.  I'd prefer her to do at least 100% every morning but when she's grumpy and either only does 50% or refuses to go out at all aren't so bad 'cos she makes up for it with days like yesterday and today!
___

Hayfever pill and supplements taken.  Thankfully another easy morning for swallowing them again... yay!
___


Tech advice needed if there are any Windows tech support bods reading this!

I run a virus scan every Friday that finishes 35 hours later.  No problem there.

I also back up my hard drive when the virus scan has finished.  No problem there either.

I've got Task Manager open atm and the disk is showing 100% so it's not letting me open any other programme (I'm writing this in Notepad atm).  Steve reckons it's because of the virus scan yet last week I could use my machine the whole time it was running without any problems so why am I being forced to only use Notepad and literally nothing else today please?

Other than my email and a couple of Word, PDF and websites I've barely used my machine this week so why is it showing 100% please?

I've already scrolled down the background processes and other than literally two or three things that are at about 2.5 MB/s, everything else is at 0 MB/s, so what's using up the entire 2TB hard drive this week that wasn't being used last week please?
___


Seemingly it's no wonder that the scan takes 35 hours... a deep scan goes through every single email and file on the machine every scan.  I've got several hundred thousand emails in just one email account and I've got like 10 email addresses and that's without going through my websites and graphics and manuscripts and other documents!  lol

It took days to download all my emails into Thunderbird so to expect a virus scan to go through them all in a couple of hours is sooo unrealistic lol

I just want to keep my hard drive free of 'viruses and other malware' and by doing the weekly scan and back-up of my entire hard drive keeps my mental illness in check!
___


Virus scan is at 48% and I started it again at about 4pm or 5pm yesterday so it's only been going for about 20 hours which is really good going compared to last week!
___


I've just discovered the Performance tab in Task Manager and it's a lot more interesting than the Processes tab!  The laptop has been on for 19 hours and 39 minutes, which means the virus scan has been running for about 19 hours 30 minutes!

It's done 51% in that time so it's hopefully right on track for finishing in the early hours, but I won't complain if it finishes before I head to bed like it usually does... it's done the stuck bit overnight like it usually does when I start it off in the morning instead of the afternoon so hopefully it'll speed through it all like it usually does now!

Just wish I'd stopped it and rebooted it at lunchtime instead of later on lol
___


Firefox has just loaded up so I'm gonna copy and paste this into the post now so that I don't have to keep using Notepad... might keep it open just in case Firefox throws another hissy fit at me though!
___


The scan is at 53% but I'm still waiting for my blogs to load up in Firefox *sigh*
___


Got 2.5 bottles of squash now, thanks to Steve preparing them for me just now so that should keep me going for a while, as long as my pill-taking is still a positive experience 'cos that'll only be 5 or 6 mouthfuls of squash a day.

There seems to be a problem with Blogger atm so I'm gonna close down Firefox again and then try loading it up again, hopefully with more success this time!
___


The connection has just timed out again, so I'm thinking that the issue is with Blogger, not this side of the connection... I'll try again in a few hours but, right now, I've got no idea when I'll post this.  Hopefully before I go to bed today (Saturday) but it might be first thing Sunday morning when the virus scan and back up are finished 'cos it might be that I have to reboot my likkle laptop again which I'll do when the scan's finished 'cos it's at 56% so I'm not going to set it going again now that it's running OK and it's over half way through.
___


My internet connection has just disappeared so the problem *was* at this end instead of Blogger's after all.

Steve's rebooting the router wirelessly or something so hopefully I'll be able to get this saved when my connection is back!
___


Still having issues with the internet connection so I'm not going to worry about it for a few hours now... hopefully the little yellow triangle will disappear soon and I'll be able to go back to saving this as a draft until bed time.  Frustrating but necessary, unfortunately.
___


1% is done in 17 minutes atm so I'm gonna just curl up and watch the motor racing so that I don't use up so much of the memory or hard drive or whatever.

It's up to 59% now so there's 41% left to do which means it'll be finished in 11.5 hours from now which is about 3am tomorrow (or today if I'm posting this on Sunday lol)
___


Something has gone wrong with the connection that only a reboot will fix apparently, so I'm gonna take me prescription and go to sleep until the early hours, then creep down, back up my hard drive and reboot then.  Hopefully my internet connection will be back up then and I can post this blog and catch up on all my email and stuff lol
___


38% left to do now so it'll be done in 11 hours which'll be just about when I come down lol  Tomorrow is gonna be a loooooooooong day!  Means I can have a long, relaxing bath before it gets light though  lol
___


Just taken me prescription, so I'll be up at about 4am tomorrow (today) lol
___


Just come down thinking it was 8*a*m and that I'd been asleep for 15 hours but it's actually 8*p*m and I've been asleep for 3!  lol
___



No comments:

Post a Comment