Tuesday 31 March 2020

Review: Fitbit Inspire

⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5

Initially I was wary about this because it didn't seem to count my steps when I was wearing it on my wrist, so was going to send it back for a refund. Someone on the Fitbit forum suggested putting it on my ankle 'cos counting my steps was the main reason for buying it. That was perfect for what I wanted, except that I had to buy some tiny elastic bands to stop it from falling off my ankle, especially at night.

The bands are impossible to change and it takes several days for it to start logging sleep and exercise, but if you stick with it for a week or so then it starts working perfectly. There was a huge firmware update recently, which was frustrating but the users on the forum persuaded me to stick with it and I couldn't be without it now!

Logging food that isn't in the database is frustrating, especially as the app won't let you put decimal points in the numbers so you have to round up or down and get "uncategorised" bits in your food which is annoying and unaccurate if you are using it to track your food and water. You might be able to do it on the website, but what's the point in having to do it on there when you've got the app??

All in all it's a good fitness tracker, as long as you can put up with the little niggly bits and you're prepared to be patient when you first start using it. It's expensive but worth it in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment