Saturday 13 June 2020

Book Review: "Message From a Star" by Michael J Clark

⭐⭐⭐ out of 5

The first poem is lovely... I hope the book carries on like this!

After a veeeeery slow and boring start, things are starting to improve again now, thankfully.

There are 9 major/main characters introduced in the first chapter though and I'm already confused about who is whose partner and child!

The two friends are in really deep poo now and just keep getting deeper!

Skipped through several chapters because it just was sooo boring and it just seemed a waste of my time to read through so much boredom.  I'm at chapter 20 now and the main characters were either caught by the police but talked their way out of it or they are still on the run... I don't care either way any more, I just wanna get to the end of the dratted thing now.

There have been a few good bits in this, but I've skipped another 4 chapters forward now.  Its almost like the author had so many good ideas to start off with but quickly ran out of steam and just wrote through boredom very quickly.  The book has potential, but there's been very little to keep me interested unfortunately.

The last couple of chapters are as great as the first couple, it's just the main part of the book that is preventing me from giving it a higher rating and more positive review is all.

What a beautiful ending!  If it hadn't been for the middle 400-odd pages then it would definitely have got 5 stars from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment