Wednesday 17 June 2020

Wednesday 17th June 2020

Mornin' all.

First day in a veeeery long time that I won't be taking any of my supplements so I'll see just how much they are helping me.  Gotta take 2 prescriptions this morning and two this evening, but that's it for a week and I'm reeeally not looking forward to it 👎

I've already done my laps of the back yard though, so can relax for the next hour.

Time to kick-start the weekly virus scan now, while I remember.
➰➰➰

Second hours laps completed.

Poo 💩 emptied into a carrier bag and because of the rain it was a lot less solid than normal, so there's a layer of semi-solid poo stuck to the scoop now which'll have to be washed off before I throw up every time I see it.
➰➰➰

Third hours laps sorted and the scoop washed off... looking like it did when it was new now❗  It's only a cheap, plastic thing, but it's earned its worth many times over already... couldn't be without it now.  Blimey❗  I bought it on Christmas Day 2013 so it's even better value for money now, 6½ years later❗ 

Let's do some quick maffs... 6x52+26=338 times, minimum, that I've used it, plus the clearing up several times a week when she's poo'd on her walk, takes it up to about 500 times I've used it, which, for less than £20 is incredible... it's been outside in all weathers too, but it's still as good as the day it was delivered and much better value than a more expensive metal version which would have rusted many times over by now... if you've got a dog and you live in the UK, I definitely recommend you get the arms length pooper scooper and use it at least weekly for the next 6 years so that you can see why I'm singing its praises so loudly.
➰➰➰

That's the fourth set of laps of the day completed and I've asked Steve to put his shoes on so that we can fill up the bird seed again.  It's waaaay too high for likkle me, even at full stretch, to reach otherwise I'd do it myself.

Charging up my wrist fitness tracker now and after only 2 hours my body is already begging for my supplements that it's obviously come to rely on.  If I'm struggling after 26 hours then I'm already dreading the next 5 days 😔😞.
➰➰➰

Done two sets of laps since the last post, the virus scan has finished and Steve's making my zoop for me while I'm doing the backups... hopefully 🤞 it'll all be done first time this week 'cos otherwise it'll be more stressful than it needs to be.
➰➰➰

Time to do my next set of laps now that I've finished the soup and the backups are underway.  BBS.
➰➰➰

It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring.  He went to bed and bumped his head, so couldn't get up in the morning.

Just done this hours laps and it started raining at ⅓ of the way through, so I carried on walking.  If it's raining before I start then I miss that hour, like yesterday evening, but if it starts when I'm already out there then I keep going.  It's got half an hour before I decide what I'm gonna do at 2pm 🕑.
➰➰➰

That's one of the backups finished, just waiting for my documents to finish off now... it's at 72% and Steve's just looked out of the window and said that it seems to have stopped raining, so I'm thinking that I'll go out for this hour's trip to the back yard and hopefully 🤞 the backups will be totally finished by the time I come in again.  If they are, I'll put the external hard drive away and get this morning's photos of the puppy up on my homepage.
➰➰➰

80% of the way through and it's 2pm now, so I'm gonna go and do this hours laps as long as it's not totally hosing it down out there.  BBS again.
➰➰➰

That's this hours laps done again.  Dribbling with rain throughout, but that's OK to walk in... it's just when it's hosing it down that I won't walk in it if it's raining heavily before I even step out into the yard.

The backups have done 3% in the 18 minutes I was out there 😄 so it's a good job I didn't wait.  It's done 5% in the time it took me to write that sentence though.  We're at 91% now, so hopefully it'll be the last few percents by the time I've put in the final full stop and those curls at the end of this sentence, in preparation for the next section.  Let's see shall we❓
➰➰➰

As predicted up there ⮙⮙ just now, we are currently at 97% of the way through, so it's achieved 6% in under 2 minutes 🙄.  I bet it'll be finished by the time I put in these curly bits...
➰➰➰

Oooh, not quite... it went from 15 seconds to 18 minutes.  We're at 99% though, so it won't be too much longer now I wouldn't've thought.
➰➰➰

I almost fell over twice on the last laps, so my body is already struggling without the supplements... I just hope my body can hold out for the rest of this week, all weekend and on Monday so that I can take them again as soon as I get out of the hospital.
➰➰➰

Finished for another week now, so time to put it all away and check my email for the first time today.
➰➰➰

That was too close for comfort... if I hadn't looked at the fitness tracker on my wrist when I did, I would have missed out my 3pm 🕒 laps of the back yard which I really wouldn't have been happy about.  They're done now though and I can relax for 6 minutes before I do the 4pm 🕓 laps.
➰➰➰

I've given myself 10 minutes break and it's time for the next laps already, so that I don't forget again 🙄
➰➰➰

Just heard from the hospital I was going to have the procedure at.  The anaesthetist (sp??) isn't happy with me having the anaesthetic at the hospital because of my Neurological illness so it's all off after all.  They are going to get in touch with the original hospital to try and still squeeze me in for the Covid and MRSA screening at the same time (1.30pm 🕜) on Saturday, but until I've had those done it's all back up in the air.  Hopefully that means I can go back to taking my supplements now though... still not gonna take them until I've heard from the local hospital 'cos apparently I need to stop them for 14 days before the procedure, but the last 10 hours without them is all the proof I need that my body really does need the extra 4 pills I take every day.

My memory has been worse than it normally is, I've had no energy, no motivation, I'm more exhausted and my bones have been crying out for the Calcium.  TBH, I'd prefer to wait until the Covid thing is totally cleared up and everyone's blood pressure is back to normal and routines and stress levels on wards are back to normal.  It's not an urgent procedure (or is it??) so I honestly don't mind waiting if that's better for the hospital.
➰➰➰

Very nearly forgot to do the hourly laps for the second time today.  They've all been done until 7pm 🕖 now though, and I'm gonna be sooo glad to finally put my legs up into the bed tonight... I've really felt the lack of supplements today and I appreciate their magic more than ever now.
➰➰➰

I've done 13 hours worth of laps today and only missed the 6am one 'cos I wasn't up in time lol

Gonna take my pills and head to bed as soon as they start kicking in.
➰➰➰

Not tired yet, but it's gone 8pm 🕗 so I'm gonna shut down and head upstairs now.  Gonna read one of my zillions of magazines and listen to the radio until I can't keep my eyes open... publishing this and heading to bed now though.  Nite nite orl 💤
➰➰➰


No comments:

Post a Comment