Monday 1 June 2020

Review of Seagate Expansion Desktop 6 TB External Hard Drive HDD

Review of Seagate Expansion Desktop 6 TB External Hard Drive HDD
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5

I'm always wary of things that say you can plug it in and use it straight out of the box... nothing to do with computers is that easy, is it?  You have to turn this on and agree to that and read all kind of stuff, right?  I'm not a new computer user and can handle the day to day use of a computer, but still have to pick the brains of my husband about things most days but I was determined to do my best to get this set up totally alone if I could, after all they made it sound really easy in the description so this would be a big test for it as far as I was concerned.

I nervously plugged the two leads into the right holes, plugged it into the plug socket next to my computer and into the USB thingy (and discovered an extra USB port and another thing that isn't a USB port but looks very much like it lol)... it whirred a bit which made me nervous in case I'd already done something wrong, but seconds later Windows Explorer popped up and there was a new drive!  This one!  I hadn't broken it after all... not yet, anyway lol

I clicked on the drive thingy in Windows Explorer and my computer instantly recognised it.  My confidence was starting to build up ever so slightly now.  Created a folder on this drive, and started off the backups.  Surely it wasn't as easy as that, was it?  I must have done something disasterously wrong like I always do with computers!  45 minutes later and all my backups (about 35GB worth at the time) had completely finished with no stress or anxiety or worry or even asking my hubby for advice or reassurance.

I've used it 3 times now and each time I've used it has been as easy and stress-free as that first time.  It really is that easy.  I'll definitely be buying it again when I next need to!

No comments:

Post a Comment