Thursday 11 July 2019

Thursday 11th July 2019

Still virus free, thankfully, so time to start on the backups then I'll walk the puppy I reckon.
***

Backups under way.  One of them is gonna take 2½ hours to finish apparently, so I'll take me supplements before taking the puppy out.
***

Just asked Steve if he wants to join me and the puppy on our walk and he said no again "because it rained overnight"... knew this would happen!  It was him that suggested it but he's only come on four walks in ten days!  He started off so well then changed his mind and has only come on the walk once since last Thursday.  Well I'm not rearranging the appointment again.  If he doesn't come with me I'll go alone!  He's my carer and is paid to care for me for 35 hours a week but I'm lucky to get that in a month!   Most of it is the cooking for us both too!
***

That's me supplements taken.  All went down nicely this morning so hopefully that's a sign that I'll have a good day today.
***

Back-ups finished first time this week, so it's time for the senior puppy's walk now... wish us luck.  Gonna attempt another 750% I reckon but as soon as we've done 650% I'll take my lead from the puppy.
***

The puppy wanted to come home after 500% today, so I gently encouraged her to keep going until we did 650% then we both came home and she's flaked out on the floor, under Steve's leg now, bless her.
***

Curry for lunch today.  🍴
***

That was yummy scrummy in my tummy!  Steve's already asleep lol
***

Got Patrick's renewal reminder through the post.  Only gone up by £4 since last year, which is ace!  Gonna do that now while I remember... brb.
***

That was remarkably painless and at only £89 a year as opposed to month it's amazing value for money.  This is my 5th renewal with Blue Badge Mobility and the policy cost has only increased by around £15 in that entire time which is even better.  When I went on the initial search for an insurer for Patrick, I was thinking it'd be like £50 a month instead of less than £90 a year including recovery and puncture repair included as extras in the price!  If you live in the UK and rely on a mobility scooter or wheelchair (either manual or electric - they cover both) then I definitely recommend Blue Badge Mobility... you won't regret it and it's sooo quick and easy to renew - it took me longer to read the letter and policy documents than to renew the cover and it's all so easy to do online.  Just 2 pages (one to check the details are still right and the other for the payment) and the terms were really straight-forward and easy to understand too.

Same with Mitzi's insurance.  PetPlan were her initial insurers when we first got her from the Dogs Trust back in 2010 but it went from £25 a month to over £145 a month within about 3 or 4 years and we hadn't made a claim on it.  She's with Paws and Claws now which is under £20 a month and hasn't increased AT ALL from the first year (or if it has, only by a couple of quid a month even though she's a senior puppy dog now).  On top of that I think she's covered up to the maximum on everything for that and there's no upper age limit either, so as long as I keep paying the £20 a month, she's covered until she takes her final breath!

Insurance can be expensive, but the peace of mind is worth it to me.
***

That's Mitzi back from her vet visit.  £142 and more steroids again.  The vet took blood which on its own cost £80!!  Moved the money over to the joint account so that he can pay Marie back for it.

Let's see how long it takes him shall we?
***

I'm goin' to bed now.  Nite nite orl!  Sea ewe in the mornin'.
***

 

No comments:

Post a Comment