Wednesday 29 November 2023

Book Review: "Drops Of Reality 2: More tales from a doctor's surgery . . . and beyond" by Dr M A Moss

Kindle Unlimited:
Paperback:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5

If you've read my more recent book reviews, you'll already know that I start them all off in the same way, by saying that every book starts with the full whack of 5 stars and that I'm always hopeful that they will still be stuck firmly in place by the time I close the back cover.  You'll also know that I always give my reasons for taking off any stars - they don't just vanish for no reason.  My usual reason for taking a star off an otherwise 5 star book is 'cos of the author's use of trademarked or copyrighted things but there has been one book that has had the star replaced because of a magic little sentence right at the back and I'm always hopeful that it'll happen again.


I read the first book in this trilogy yesterday and really enjoyed it, so I'm hoping that this will be equally enjoyable if not better now that the author has got a book under their belt.


Let's get reading shall we?


So far so good with this book and I'm hopeful that, like the first book, this will be another 5 star-er.


The first chapter was interesting and I'm grateful for the opportunity to get to know Mary... she sounds like the ideal patient to me!


The end of chapter 2 was fun and it sounds like everyone got out of a sticky situation with a good sense of humour.


No spoilers, but it's amazing what such a simple little change can make!  I've had a similar result by pretty much cutting out caffeine for a different medical issue!


I've just finished 'Part One' of the book and I'll start on the second part ('Beyond The Surgery') after I've had my lunch so that I don't have to stop mid-way through a chapter.


Again, no spoilers, but 'Part Two' could have ended a lot worse (understatement of the millenium) if the doctor hadn't already been there with his emergency bag!


What a great end to a great book!  Like with the first book, this is worth every penny for nosey-parkers like me!


No comments:

Post a Comment