Wednesday 29 November 2023

Mornin' all

It's gonna be one of those days with technology again.


A quick rant to start off the day... 


You prolly already know that I'm with Freegle yeah?  Well I'm with the food version of it that's called Olio too.  


They've pretty recently expanded to offer non-food items and also somewhere you can sell things.  Most of the Olio-ers use it properly and give/receive stuff that would otherwise end up in the landfill, which is how it's supposed to be used.


A few weeks ago someone wanted a very large (46 inch), wall mountable, working, flat screen telly.  I've got no idea if they managed to get it or not, but they led the way to other people asking for a working cooker, working washing machine, working tumble dryer, working fridge, working freezer, caravan, car etc etc.


Overnight there has been another post and this person wants a new flat.  For free.  I haven't read the message because I'm too angry to, but I'm guessing that they want it to be fully furnished too.


I bet someone has told them that they can get things for free from this place, meaning small things like kettles and ancient microwaves and food processors and bread machines etc (all of which I've offered myself) that would otherwise end up in the landfill, and these people, especially this person, has taken full advantage of the word "free".


Tsk tsk.


Aaaanyway, enough ranting for now lol


I've taken my morning pills with my morning glass of water, the weekly virus scan is at... shit, I haven't taken the bread out of the freezer yet!


But I have now lol


The weekly virus scan is at 38% and I've had my first hot drink of the day.


This blog post is waaaaaaay too long, so I'm gonna publish it now and make a start on putting my to-do list together before my morning carer arrives.


BFN


No comments:

Post a Comment