Tuesday 28 November 2023

Book Review: "Drops of Reality: Tales from a doctor's surgery" by Dr M A Moss

Kindle Unlimited:
 Paperback:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5

I'm having connection troubles this morning so I'm gonna spend the day reading 'cos that doesn't need an internet connection.  If you've read any of my other recent book reviews, you'll already know that I start them all in the same way, by letting you know that each book I read and review starts off with the full whack of 5 stars and that I'm always hopeful that they will all be stuck firmly in place by the time I close the back cover.  You'll also know that I always give my reasons for removing each star and that there has been one book where I've rapidly returned a star thanks to a magic sentence right at the back.


I'm a self-confessed nosey parker so these glimpses into the life of an otherwise private profession always gets my attention.  Apparently this is a biography rather than fiction so my interest is peaked even more.


Let's get going shall we?


lol typical - my Kindle is out of juice so I can't read the book on there, but my internet connection is back, so I'll see if I can start reading it on the Amazon site instead... will it be third time lucky for me?


I've managed to read the first two chapters without any more techy troubles, so I'm trying to remain cautiously hopeful.  They have been good chapters and have really set the tone for the rest of the book - it's relaxed and seems to be pretty much self-contained chapters, which is an added bonus and reassuringly still all 5 stars stuck firmly in place.


Ah-ha!  My Kindle has enough juice to let me read now!


Another good chapter... unfortunately there was a mention of a trademarked item, so unfortunately the first star is looking a bit wobbly, like with each of the other books that's happened with - fair's fair after all!


Chapter 4 was another good'un... this is just what I needed after all the issues I've had this morning!


The fifth chapter was interesting too... I love our NHS but everything comes at a cost to someone, somewhere!


Chapter 6 rang huge great alarm bells for me 'cos it's part of what I have and know now that I'll be on the pills for a while yet 'cos I had a similar experience (although not involving the police, thankfully) when I lowered let alone stopped my pills!!


My lunchtime carer is due any time now, so I'll finish reading there until after I've eaten and then start again until my groceries are due... it says there's an hour and 28 minutes left to finish reading the book, so I should have finished it in plenty of time before I head to bed.


Up to page 63 now and it's almost bedtime, so I'm not gonna rush it... just see how far I get and how much more there is to read by the time I take my last pills of the day.


Just finished this incredible book and it very much deserves every one of those five stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment