Monday 27 November 2023

That calls for...

...a mocktail!


The physio assistant has just been and gone and the stairs are off the menu now because she's happy with how I do it atm so I don't need to worry about those.


She's reduced the number of exercises for me to do, but I've gotta do them twice a day instead of once a day now.


She's seen me going up and down kerbs and has told me a better way to do it and she's gonna order me another quad cane with a wider base so that there is even more stability.  She offered a wheeled walker and that was a definite no from me 'cos I tried one when I first came out of hospital two decades ago and I just didn't feel safe with it, so she then offered a second quad cane and I'm not too sure about it, but she's gonna order one and get it delivered to see how I get on with it.


She's coming again next week to try and do a bit more as long as it's not raining or snowing.


Basically this is all done at my pace and I shouldn't be afraid to say no if I don't feel safe doing it.  Apparently they've already done a baseline assessment and it's "considerably lower than we'd like" so I've got her for a good while yet and she'll take things at my pace.


No comments:

Post a Comment