Saturday 22 September 2018

Saturday 22 September 2018

Just got back from walking the pup.  Steve came out of the house and just stayed in the road for 150% while me and the pup did a record-equalling 250%!!

Hopefully he'll walk a little bit next time then gradually increase it back from there... we're gonna take it really slowly 'cos it's been months since we did our last family walkies so we'll take it at Steve's pace now that he's come out with us once.

It's not very far at all - 100% is only about 20 metres but it helps to lose the weight we both need to lose so it's just the encouragement to get Steve out of the house is all.  He used to join us every day and take the pup up to the end of the road at least once while I waited outside the house just in case Steve needed help or whatever and we'll do it again soon... just at Steve's pace each time.
***

That's me morning cocktail taken.  They all went down really easily again thankfully... so much better than yesterday!
***

We timed the walk really well too 'cos less than half an hour later and it's piddling down with rain!
***

I now know how Steam Trains are twirled about and I've downloaded (but not installed yet) Visual Studio so that I can make changes to the software Steve made for me without pestering him.  He'll need to tell me for the first few times, just until I'm used to how it works.  Like it was with the database... I know how to add and delete things from it now though!

Watch this space!
***

Downloaded and am currently installing Visual Studio!  😯
***

All installed now... and I know what I need to do when Steve's talked me through the Visual Studio dooberry, then I will, in theory, be able to get it all sorted myself.  I've never even seen Visual Studio though and haven't got the foggiest about how to do it, but the theory is that I need to install a couple of apps then copy and paste the new names or whatever into it, press a button and hope that I don't screw it up too badly!

I'll prolly break my likkle laptop the first time I try and do it though!  lol
***

I've just written my first ever piece of C# code!!!

It was just a button that, when clicked, says Hello World so I'm not the next Bill Gates or anything, but an hour ago I was panicking that I'd break the laptop just by opening the programme!

Feeling sooooo proud of myself now!!
***

Taken my prescription now, so I'm gonna publish this then log off for the first time in 3 days.  Need to remember to watch and learn from the C# video tomorrow and hope nobody phones, emails or comes to the door for me!  lol
***


No comments:

Post a Comment