Monday 13 July 2020

Book Review: "28 Summers" by Elin Hilderbrand

⭐ out of 5

This is an OK-ish book at best so far, but the first 3 sections have jumped through so many years in random order that I'm already confused.  I'm about to start reading about Summer number 1 which is 1993 apparently... I seriously hope it'll all be in year order from now on or I'll be knocking off the first star.

Thankfully the second chapter is in date order, but sooo boring that I skipped through most of it.  There is such a tiny amount of speech and lots of dull descriptions.  If Summer number 3 is no better then I'll be knocking off a start and flicking through that chapter too... waaaay too dull.

Oh dear, I'm knocking off a star and skipping to Summer 4... I am hugely disappointed by this book and I can't wait for it to end for all the wrong reasons.

I've skipped even further ahead to Summer number 8 and it's no better so I'm giving up on it now.  It's getting a single star review 'cos I can't leave a review without any stars.  A huuuuuge disappointment and waste of my time today.

No comments:

Post a Comment