Thursday 24 August 2023

Aaaaand... relax!

The assessment is over and done with now, in half the time that it could have taken.  She's got all the information and measurements that she needs so she's just gotta write up her report and get it sent through all the appropriate channels, then the 'Retrofit co-ordinator' will contact me about all the things that they can offer me and it's entirely up to me what I agree to and what I say no to from now on.


It's all fully-funded by the charity, so that's a huuuge relief, and she managed to just about get her shoulders into the loft so she was able to see that I've "got 15cm of insulation in there which is enough but not ideal" and from what she was saying, as long as there's enough funding and room to do it and I agree to it, I'll be getting the window in the spare room totally replaced 'cos it's single pane and the frame is metallic as opposed to double-glazed and plastic.


I said about the smokey smell with the landing light and she said to contact the person who referred me to them about it as it's potentially dodgy electrics which'll be another thing crossed off the list and useable again after 15 years...


I remembered to ask about the underfloor heating in the bathroom and that's something that the retrofit co-ordinator can help with if necessary.  I asked about getting the bathroom re-done while I'm waiting to hear and she said that I should just carry on with anything I feel needs to be done in the house, they are just for things like the insulation and double glazing and things like that which I can say "no" to at any point.


Basically the wheels are in motion now and all the repairs and heating and stuff that will make my little house safer and healthier to live in is in motion and I just need to keep holding on as the rollercoaster starts its climb.


I've got a celebratory caffeinated mocha on the go for getting through the last two days so I'll be rushing backwards and forwards to the bathroom all afternoon now, but I deserve it and I'm not going to deny myself such a well-deserved reward.



No comments:

Post a Comment