Friday 25 August 2023

Book Review: "Just A Few Bumps" by Emily L Nash

Kindle Unlimited:
Paperback:
⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5


If you've read any of my other recent book reviews, you'll already know that I start them all off with the full shebang of 5 stars and that I'm always hopeful that they will all be stuck firmly in place when I close the back cover.  You'll also know that I'm not shy about removing stars (usually for copyright or trademark infringement) but I always give my reason for removing each star.  I've extremely gladly replaced a star on the last page of a book, after the novel had finished when there was a magic little sentence about the reason I removed the star and I'm always hopeful that I'll read that sentence again each time I feel the need to remove a star for that reason.


Let's get going with the review shall we?


Nooooo!  Not already!  The author has used the names of two TV programmes and a streaming services as well as an internet search engine, so the first star is already coming off at only 6%!  I'm already hoping for that magic sentence at the back of the book and I'm not even in the double figures percentage-wise!


The first chapter was good... will it be a good choice for the author?


Oooh!  Chapter 2 was good too!  As long as you can forgive the trademark infringement that made me knock off the first star, this is a definite must-read for everyone - especially if you are a nosey parker like me lol


Chapter 3 was pretty gross, so make sure you don't read it around the time you eat  ;-)


Just finished chapter 11 and it makes me feel for paramedics who may have to deal with my rare mental health condition lol


You definitely don't wanna be eating around the time you read chapter 18 - it's even grosser than chapter 3!


That poor kid really needed her mum but what the mum did was unbelievable!


It's waaaaay past my bedtime now but I'm at 82% so I'll finish reading and reviewing tomorrow with any luck.


Mornin'!


I can't believe how some people treat our NHS and especially the paramedics - they are medical professionals, not cleaners fer flip's sake!!


I really don't know how this paramedic coped with that little girl but the next chapter had (I presume) a much better outcome... although all those doctors being huddled around the machine in confusion, maybe not!  lol


Just finished reading this book and it was an awesome read... one of those books that the one and only reason it's not the full whack of stars is 'cos of those early Trademark things.


No comments:

Post a Comment