Tuesday 26 December 2023

Book Review: "Christmas Every Day" by Beth Moran

Kindle:
Audio book:
Hardcover:
Paperback:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5

I'm starting to read this late afternoon on Christmas Day and I'm not gonna rush through it, so let's see how long it takes.


If you've already read any of my other recent book reviews, you'll already know what I'm about to say and can skip this paragraph.  If this is the first review you've read of mine though, I start them all off by saying that every book starts off with the full sleigh-load of stars and I'm always hopeful that they will all still be solidly in place by the time I close the back cover.  My usual reason for taking a star off a book is due to copyright or trademark infringement but there has been one book that's rapidly had the fifth star replaced thanks to a magic little sentence right at the back, at the end of the novel and I'm more than happy to make it two books if that happens again.


Let's get going with the reading and reviewing shall we?


A lot has happened in that first chapter, but I've been left with questions hanging already!


Oooooh... do I sense a touch of romance maybe happening before the end of the book?


I'm liking this book more and more... the questions from the first chapter are still there, but they aren't at the forefront of my mind any more.


Only 10% of the way through after an hour, but this is an incredible book so far!  Has the main character potentially got romance and a job in her life already?


No spoilers, don't worry, but the first 12% has been brilliant and I'm aiming for one more chapter before I sign off for the night.


Oooh... the main character is about to play detective on her past!  I've got time for another chapter I reckon and my interest in what happens won't let me go to sleep until I find out lol.


Ooooh, I can see why she left her home and job so suddenly now and it was worse than I was thinking!


I've had an exhausting day today, so I'm gonna crawl up to bed now and keep reading and reviewing tomorrow... I can hardly wait to get my nose stuck into it again!


Oooh... a hint of romance ever so gradually starting to emerge there?  Is the main character's heart finally starting to thaw?


Sounds like a heart-in-her-throat first day at work!  lol  Gotta love kids testing the boundaries - I remember it well lol


I loved chapter 11!  If the main character and her new friends can do it, then why can't I?!


I've yet to find anything I don't like about this book, which is rarer that gold hen's teeth!  At 30% it's still definitely 5 stars!


That chapter was pretty intense... it may sound stupid, but this book is making me feel like I'm actually there with all the characters!


Woops!  I've been so lost in the book that it's now dark and I haven't updated this review for hours on end!


Up to 93% now and I'm gasping for a drink that I can undoubtedly cry into at the end of this incredible book.


Wow.


That was just...


Wow.


What a perfect ending to a perfect book and I'm not crying at all lol


No comments:

Post a Comment