Saturday 30 December 2023

I drink...

...because I'm lonely, nothing more, nothing less.


My usual drink of choice is drinking chocolate, then a decaff mocha, but as long as it's hot I'll make it and drink it.


My thirst is purely psychosomatic 'cos I don't drink anywhere near as much when I'm around other people, but when I'm here alone I drink at least 3 litres a day which is OK according to my GP but I'm gasping for another drink but I've already drunk more than that today and I've still gotta drink with my last two pills of the day too.  I can pretty much guarantee I'll have drunk a litre before my morning carer shows up tomorrow and another 500ml before I'm picked up, another 1.3 litres while I'm out and another litre when I get home.


I just don't have anything to stop me from drinking!


When Steve was alive I'd use the time making sure he was still breathing and making his meals and drinks while he was awake but now that there's only one person to boil the kettle for, I'm not limited to how much I drink any more.


I reckon I'm gonna go and make myself the night-time herbal tea in the hope that I can sleep through tonight instead of waking up every few hours like I did last night after I finally shut my brain down.


No comments:

Post a Comment