Thursday 28 December 2023

Book Review: "Emergency Laughter: It Wasn't Funny When It Happened, But it is Now!" by Mike Cyra

Kindle:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5

If you've read any of my other recent book reviews, you will already know that I start them all off in the same way and that is by saying that every book I read and review starts off with the full trolley-load of stars and that I'm always hopeful that they will all still be stuck firmly in place by the time I close the back cover.  You'll also know that I'm not shy about removing stars as I feel necessary, but I always give my reasons for removing each one.  The usual reason for me making an otherwise 5 star book into a 4 star book is 'cos of copyright or trademark infringement - there's been one book so far with a magic little sentence at the back that made me instantly replace that lost star and I'm more than happy to do it again if that magic little sentence appears again!


Let's get going with the reading and reviewing.


I've already decided that there's no way I wanna be a paramedic or even in the same ambulance as that nutter of a paramedic!


I've read 20% of the book, my hot drink has become tepid and I'm not in touch with my reality any more now!


Up to 33% now and the last chapter was pretty hard going... no spoilers don't worry, but it's hard to imagine what they must go through when it happens!


Oh deary me - that chapter told me how to thieve scrubs from a hospital and the paramedic said that they'd done and got away with it several times too!  Not good.


I'm at 52% now and soooo glad I'm not a medical bod working in a hospital!


I'm glad I've never been in that situation with an ambulance lol


Tis true... small women have had to learn how to look after themselves and the bigger the height difference, the easier it is lol


That's one of the big reasons I've never seen the appeal of getting drunk lol


Oh yes, a fantastic little book, although I don't recommend reading the last chapter just before you go to bed lol


All in all a very much 5 star book that I haven't found a single thing to moan about!  A definite light-hearted medical read!


No comments:

Post a Comment