Friday, 6 April 2018

Blimmin' typical innit!

I've been taking an AP for at least 18 years.

In that time, it's changed twice.

The first time was to change it from a brand name to a generic one.

The second time was because the brand I'd been getting had changed their recipe and it now had lactose in it.

No other changes in 18 years.

So why are they suddenly finding it so difficult to get hold of it?

This is the second month the pharmacy have had problems and it's only because I've got some left over that I'm reasonably sane still!

When my GP phoned me about the recipe changing he said he'd get on to the pharmacy about a different generic brand that was lactose free.

12 pills arrived a few days later with an IOU from the pharmacy for another 16 pills.

I phoned the pharmacy and asked them to keep these in stock for me.

I was told it'd take up to 4 days for the first lot because it wasn't named and I didn't have a repeat naming it but it'd be with me within the normal 5 days after that.

No probs says I.

Logged on to the GP prescription thing and put in another repeat which was sorted and sent to the pharmacy 10 days ago.


I've been waiting ever since.

In theory I'll be getting 44 pills 'cos of the 16 that the pharmacy owe me and 28 for the repeat I put in.

That won't happen though!  I can almost guarantee it!

I'm just glad that I've got most of my previous prescription left before they changed the recipe otherwise I'd have gone totally nuts again by now!

👎

No comments:

Post a comment