Thursday 31 July 2014

I've only gone and accomplished a major-to-me achievement!

I had 2 major-to-me things that I wanted to achieve within the first week of having the chair and I've only gone and done one of them!

The first was to do a timed trip to my GP and the pharmacy next door so that I knew how long it would take to do it when I had my next appointment or needed to drop off a repeat prescription request at the pharmacy - that's the one I did today.

The other was to go into Gloucester and back just to see what it's like now and to see how the chair copes with it.

I've just done a timed trip to the pharmacy and back.  It took an hour and 15 minutes to go from deciding I was going to getting down there, tipping the chair over accidentally, putting the battery back in, connecting it back up and then coming home, dismantling it and bringing it into the house.

The seat belt works!  lol

It was totally my fault, the chair was just doing what I asked it to do... I misjudged the size of the kerb (I thought it was dropped but it wasn't) as I was getting out of someone's way, toppled the chair over and was helped up by a very kind passer-by.  Whoever you are, thank you so much!

I'm totally fine... just a bruised ego and the shakes.

I'm going to have a couple of days off now... I've done more in 3 days than I have for the last 15 years combined!  I think I deserve to relax for a little while and I've got to find out how to charge the batteries too!

No comments:

Post a Comment