Sunday 17 August 2014

Just got back from town

I'm pretty much totally independent when I'm out and about now!

I was dreading going up a slope in town in case it was too steep for the chair to handle but there was some scaffolding blocking the pavement and no dropped kerb, so I did a U-turn and went, very nervously, up the slope...

I did it!

I was nervous about it but I didn't need to be!

That, and getting down it on the way home has given me an incredible feeling of achievement!

We went into a pub for lunch and other than crashing into the wheelchair lift on the way down, that was another amazing achievement!

After lunch, we went for a mooch around town and it's changed so much down there!  It felt good though, to be able to go down there and see what it's like there now!

The only thing I didn't do alone was get the chair up the kerb and into the house, but I know how to do it now, so I'm hoping to be totally independent next time!

The busy road just before the centre was surprisingly quiet and I crossed 2 of the 3 roads at the same time!  I was thinking the chair wouldn't be fast enough to cross both roads at the same time but I was wrong!

I'm so close to being able to take Mitzi for huge walks... I just need more practice and confidence in the chair that can only come with practice!

I've done it once so my confidence has grown in my ability to get into town alone now!

I'm not going to go alone for a while yet, but I'm so close to it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment