Tuesday 2 September 2014

Pagan religion - don't read this post if you are planning to use it against me!

I'm a Neo-Pagan.

I don't make a secret of it, but at the same time I don't shove it down people's throats either.

I believe in the Green Man as my God and Mother Earth/Mother Nature/Earth Mother as my Godess(es).

Other than the Neo bit of Neo-Paganism I haven't felt a connection with any sort of path within that bit of my religion until today.

I'm leaning towards being called to be a Heathen though... I feel drawn to it and it has, so far at least, fitted in with everything I've held dear to me since early childhood.

I was brought up in the deep countryside and literally hugged trees whenever I came to them if I was alone.  There was an apple tree in the garden at home that meant so much to me as a child, which I thought, at the time, was because the apples were ready for picking on my birthday every year... maybe it was my Higher Powers starting to teach me about Paganism in ways that wouldn't scare or overwhelm me though?

When Paganism was introduced into RE lessons at Secondary School, I felt a connection to it then too.

Was that my Higher Powers drip feeding me information with no pressure too?

Were they slowly introducing it to me until I found Paganism on my own and they are still drip-feeding me the information now, slowly but surely?

They are very powerful beings is all I know!

They are letting me find them when I'm ready too... no pressure, they are just gently guiding me by the hand.  They are going at my speed and finding ways to answer my questions that doesn't freak me out.

I'm so glad that I've now found them!

No comments:

Post a Comment