Monday 16 September 2024

Book Review: 'Pippa Middleton: The Other Middleton Sister' by 1-Hour Royals

Kindle Unlimited

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5

If you've read any of my other recent reviews, you'll already know that I start them all off in the same way: by saying that every book I read and review starts off with the full stack of stars and that I'm always hopeful that they will all still be stuck firmly in place by the time I close the back cover.  You'll also know that I'm not shy about removing stars if I feel it necessary, but I always give my reasons for doing so, they don't just mysteriously vanish into thin air.


I read my first of this series recently and it took 3 hours for me to read without a break instead of the 1 hour that I was expecting and I'm not a slow reader!  How long will this book take I wonder?  I'm starting it at 3.33pm... let's see what time I finish it.


So far so good.  There has been mention of the two biggest social media companies, so the first star is decidedly wobbly, but at 57% it's still clinging on for dear life.


Well, that was a real eye-opener and it made me feel equally proud of and ashamed of what Pippa went through in the early days - she was ripped to shreds but still expected to smile.  I'm proud of how she has handled the new life she was thrown into though... it hasn't been easy for her, but she's a woman in her own right now.


I finished the book at 4.44pm so exactly 1 hour and 11 minutes which is more like what I was expecting with the first book that I read in the series.


No comments:

Post a Comment