Friday 20 September 2024

Book Review: "AWAKENING I : The Beginning" by Joanne Banyer

Kindle     Hardcover     Paperback
⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5

If you've read any of my other recent book reviews, you can probably recite this first paragraph word for word  ;-)  I'll assume that this is the first review of mine that you've read though and say that each book I read and review starts off with the full load of stars and I'm always hopeful that they will still still be firmly in place by the time I close the back cover.  You'll also know that I'm not shy about saying goodbye to stars but I always give my reasons for removing them within the review - they don't just vanish.

Let's get on with the reading and reviewing now shall we?

The first few pages of this book filled me with utter dread as the author was talking about her jobs and career in science and using scientific words that I haven't got the foggiest clue about.  I was pretty much ready to close the book and publish this review saying that it was dull and boring and didn't live up to the authors hype but I forced myself to continue and I'm glad I did because I'm starting to get a feel of where this book is heading and it's in a much-preferred direction, way more spiritual than being some kind of scientific CEO of something or other.

This book just gets better and better!  I've been hearing music (like is played in a pub) while I'm sat in the living room but disappears as soon as I stand up... I've never put 2 and 2 together but I'm wondering if it's Spirit trying to communicate with me?  I haven't heard it at all today, since I started reading the book this morning, which could be another pointer, right?  I'm itchy all over my body now... could that be another sign from Spirit??

Oh dear, the most common reason for me dropping a star has just come up with the use of an online video playing website being used a few times so in fairness to other books I've read, a star is coming off at 62%.

I'm up to 81% now and I'm still enjoying it... definitely worth a read if you are interested in the afterlife!

Just finished reading and I've appreciated every word.  It's opened my eyes to what may be happening to me and it's made me want to find out more.  Basically, if you are interested in spirituality and especially what happens when we pass away, then you should pop this book into your basket and curl up for an interesting few hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment