Thursday 12 September 2024

For me...

...the warm weather has, officially, ended.


I've just put my Summer clothes on for their last wash of the season and I'll hang them up for the last time when the wash has finished.  As of now it's wools and trousers until we're well into the warmer weather in 2025.


The central heating has been coming on and going off all week so that's another sign for me... it's gonna be expensive, electricity-wise, for the next few months, so I'll have to really tighten my belt in other areas. Still, I've been using less than £1.50 a day of electricity since about May kinda time so I've been able to build up a bit of a pot of cash in preparation. According to my electricity providers own estimate for 2025, it'll be under £1000 for the year which is a relief 'cos I can just pay in advance and ask to go on a "payment holiday" (or something like that). They just take the money out of the pre-paid pot that I add to whenever I can afford it, so that's a relief.


Next year will be the first year that I can breathe freely with nothing major happening that I know of so I'm hoping nothing unexpected will crop up either.


I'm proud of myself for coping with everything over the last 21 months and I've proved to myself and others that even though it's been a rough ride at times, I really can cope alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment