Monday 17 April 2017

Our street is ace!

Other than the people at each end of the street, there seems to be an unofficial neighbourhood watch going on too.

Steve saw a policeman going to next door and knocking.

I went out to see if I could help.

The policeman told me that someone in the street had contacted the police 'cos they hadn't seen him about for a little while.

I told them that they'd gone to India for a religious month.

"So he's OK then?" asks the PC.

"As far as I know he is, he just isn't in the country right now is all because of a holy month or something" says me.

"Ah right, OK, thank you" says the PC and walks off.

If he'd come an hour ago or if Steve hadn't seen him at their door, things could have escalated very badly, very quickly... that's what neighbours do for each other though!

We're only a small street, but we keep an eye out for each other and report our worries about each other even though we haven't got an official neighbourhood watch set up officially!

No comments:

Post a Comment