Sunday 27 August 2023

When my new phone/SIM card finally works...

...I'm gonna reward my patience and stubbornness and frustration with a loooong, hot, bubble bath and screw the world for the entire time I'm in there next week.


Why?


Because I'm still way under my electricity budget for each week so a couple of rapidly approaching budget days (like yesterday) won't break the bank.


I'm not deliberately not using electricity, but I've realised that there were a lot of "energy vampires" using up my budget unnecessarily, so by rapidly getting rid of those has brought my electricity waaay down which means that I'll be able to hopefully put the heating on for a couple of hours a day as well as having the baked beans/tinned spaghetti for lunch too.


Getting the electricity smart meter installed and set up was definitely one of the best decisions I've made and has saved me about half to two-thirds of my budget each month, purely by getting rid of Steve's chair, the microwave, the TV and all kinds of other media devices that were connected to the telly.


There's only about an hour and a half before it's my bedtime, but I've only used £1.22 of electricity and my budget is £4 a day!


I'm soo proud of myself right now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment