Friday 29 September 2023

Today's (29th September 2023) only meal photo

Today's only meal was hotter than last time this carer heated up the baked beans for me... last time they were room temperature and this time they were barely tepid, so that's an improvement!


I timed exactly how long she was supporting me for today and she was actually (barely) cooking for 4 minutes and left after 20 even though I pay for 30 minutes of care twice a day, but it's an improvement on this morning when my carer gave me literally 30 seconds of support when she asked if I needed any more help as I put my foot into my boot and struggled to stand up (she was more interested in using her phone with her back to me for the other 19 minutes 🤷) so I'll be paying for an hour of support today but actually received less than 5 minutes, same as most days, but I can't tell anyone unless they don't turn up at all "otherwise you'll lose all the carers altogether, unfortunately" according to one of the professionals a while ago who has been supporting me.


I also can't put the heating on this afternoon because my carer used the same amount of electricity charging up her phone instead at the same time as using WhatsApp to talk to someone while the beans were heating up.


Serious question: is it dangerous to use bowls and spoons that have been washed up using liquid hand soap rather than washing up liquid please?  I only ask because that's what I spotted my carer using today and she said she'd used the same one last time she came over.  Other than the taste difference, is it unhealthy to use things that have been washed up with the wrong kind of liquid soap please?


Here's today's lunch photo:


No comments:

Post a Comment