Wednesday 4 September 2024

Book Review: "The Art Of Sayin No With Grace And Confidence" by Cole Sheridan

Kindle Unlimited     Paperback

⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5 stars

If you've read any of my other recent book reviews, you'll already know that I start them all off by saying that every book I read and review starts off with the full truck-load of stars and that I'm always hopeful that they will all still be firmly in place by the time I close the back cover.  You'll also know that I'm not shy about removing stars but that I always give my reasons for doing so - they don't just vanish into thin air.


There are only 31 pages in this book so I'll hopefully have it read and this review up in plenty of time for me to head to bed.


Let me just say that those simple two letters making up a very powerful word has been astronomically difficult for me my whole life for very personal reasons and I've always wanted to be able to say "no" and stand by that utterance.  I've been a doormat my entire life and I don't know how to be anything else... will this book help to change my life for the better?


The author has used two famous social media brands, so, like with the vast majority of books I read, the first star is wobbly at 8% of the way through.


Well, I got to 58% without losing any stars, but social media brands have been mentioned again, so in fairness to other books I've read, the first star is dropping off unfortunately.


A good book that spoke to me in so many different ways - I'll never remember the phrases the author has given me, but I'm determined to reduce my "yes, but..." responses from now on and increase my "I'm not able to" and refuse to apologise for every no too, which'll be the hardest bit of all lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment