Friday 20 June 2014

How are food allergies and intolerences diagnosed please?

Before moving to Gloucester in 1998 I went on holiday with Steve and had bought myself a bottle of concentrated peppermint oil for the first time in my life.

The dosing instructions said to put 5 or 6 drops in a cupful of water and to sip it slowly.

Because it was my first time taking it I only put 3 drops of it in a mug full of water and sipped it...

Within seconds I was totally buzzing... the happiest I've ever been in my life, talking so fast that Steve couldn't understand me and walking so fast that Steve had to jog to keep up with me!

I've avoided any form of peppermint ever since in case it happens again and haven't been hyper since.

The dairy allergy was diagnosed while I was in hospital in 2002/2003 because I threw up every time I ate or drank dairy so I avoid dairy now and don't throw up unless I have dairy.

Could I be allergic to peppermint or intolerent to it or was the first time just a case of bad timing?

No comments:

Post a Comment