Wednesday 28 August 2024

So much for being a carer being a low-paying job!

I've just seen how much I'll be paying as of the next invoice for my carers - just shy of £650 a month for less than half an hour of actual support.


I've been keeping a spreadsheet of the actual support I receive each time since the end of July and the total so far is... drum roll please... 21 minutes and 33 seconds in exactly a month (I started the spreadsheet on 29th July) so rounding that up to 30 minutes means that they actually get paid £1300 for an hour of actual support.


Assuming that I actually got the 6½ hours of care that I'm charged for each week, that's £8,450 a week and £33,800 a month which is a huge £405,600 a year.


Apparently I get the full 30 minutes twice a day and that I should be more grateful for their support though 🤷


No comments:

Post a Comment