Thursday 21 June 2018

That's harder than it needs to be then!

My savings cheque cleared this morning so I phoned my bank to warn them that there was going to be a large amount of money going out of my account today so that I can pay off and close my final credit card.

"No problem", the lady at the bank says "There's a transaction limit of £1,999.99 on your card so it'll need to be done in two transactions".  Shoulda known that things wouldn't be easy from there!  lol

I phoned BC and said I wanted to pay the full amount and close my account.  "We can't take such large payments over the phone, have you got online banking?"  Nope.  "You'll have to pay it off in the bank then because it's such a large amount".  I'm disabled and can't get into town to do it, that's why I phoned up to pay.  "Let me talk to someone about it then" says the lady at BC. 

She came back a couple of minutes later and said that because it was so large she could only take part of it over the phone today and I'd have to phone back to pay the rest tomorrow.

I paid the biggest chunk off with her and she's put a note on my account that I'm calling back tomorrow to clear the rest of it.

I can understand why they do it - it's for my own protection against fraudsters and stuff, but it's annoying that I can't pay off the full amount of debt that's been on my card since I was 18 (I'm 40 now) and I need to phone them twice to pay the whole lot off instead of being able to do it in one call!

Ho hum.  I'll be debt free at this time tomorrow though, so I suppose I can deal with the annoyance of having to call twice.

It's only taken 22 years!  lol

I'm never getting anything on credit ever again... if I want something that I can't afford then tough!

No comments:

Post a Comment