Friday 28 June 2019

Friday 28th June 2019

6.30am seems to be my new normal time to wake up, no matter what time I take my prescription.  Took it at getting on for 8pm last night instead of my usual 6pm so was thinking I'd be asleep until 8am but I wasn't!  I was down here and in the bathroom by 6.30am again!

It's supposed to be a heatwave today so I'm gonna take the pup out for her walk now.  BBS.
***

Lovely and cool out there right now and I don't reckon the puppy will be on her diet for much longer 'cos she's got a more healthy shape to her now.  It'll still be a few months yet I'd have thought but we're very nearly there and I'm hoping that we'll be researching more healthy food for her by the end of the year I reckon!  I'm hoping that her vet will be saying "soonish" by Autumn and agreeing to try her on a new food by the start of Winter.  It's taken several years, but the end is in sight now!
***

The puppy's been fed now (her water was almost full so didn't need re-filling) and I made her "wait" for her food this morning (I don't usually, but I wanted to see how well she understood it) and to give her credit, she did wait until I released her... her eyes were so sad and confused though, they burnt into my soul though.  Need to work on her sit command though, 'cos she point blank refused to do that.
***

Absolutely exhausted after the extra extra's that the puppy has walked me this week.  It'll be 450% extra extra's by Sunday and I think that's just a bit too much too soon for my poor body.  Should have introduced the extra extra's slowly for both of us instead of expecting us to walk the best part of an exta day's walk so suddenly.  The puppy has barely stayed awake this week and I've been falling asleep pretty much as soon as my head hits the pillow every night too.  My knees are kinda going "too much, too quickly missus" but I can't change the past so I'll keep doing the extra extra's until my body adjusts to it.  By the end of the year, I'm hoping our long walk on a Monday will be up to 1500% (250% more than it was this week) and 700% (50% more than this week) every day for the other 6 days.  Not gonna push myself too hard though, if my body says 'enough' then that's OK with me.  I wanna push myself and my body, but if it really can't handle it then that's OK too.  If my body says "seriously, go home before you fall down" then we'll come home straight away.  I'm hoping we'll get to Sunday before it says that this week 'cos I think I've pushed it too hard this week, but we shall see.
***

Supplements swallowed and Steve's just said that the pages I paid him to make for me 3 months ago and was promised that would be done and dusted in 3 weeks won't be done by tomorrow and he can't afford to refund me either.

He's also paid Carer's Allowance to care for me for 5 hours a day but I'm lucky to get that in a month (unless you count cooking for us both which still means it's five hours a week instead of a day) and he spends the other 30 hours he's being paid to care for me asleep.  Just like he is now.  I can count the number of hours he's awake for on one hand and still have fingers left over.  He's got a medical appointment at 4pm that he'll be asleep until he goes to it then he'll be back to sleep within half an hour of him coming home too.  Same as every day.

Well I've had enough now.  I'm still going to get him to make programmes and pages for me but I'll pay on delivery from now on.  I'm gonna write a letter for him to give to his nurse today too.  Ask her to test his vitamin levels and letting her know that he sleeps so much too.  Can't be healthy to be asleep for 20 hours a day after all!
***

So glad I took the senior puppy for her walk very first thing 'cos we are in deep shade and I've just stuck my head out of the front door 'cos I thought someone had knocked on it, but it's swelteringly hot out there even in deep shade, so I'm gonna walk the puppy very first thing again in the morning and every morning until it cools down a bit out there!  Better for her paws and healthier/cooler for both of us.
***

I is exhaustapaytid so I'm off to bed.

Nighty night everyone.  See you all tomorrow.
***


No comments:

Post a Comment