Saturday 15 June 2019

Saturday 15th June 2019

Steve made 4 litres of squash for me overnight, so I can take my supplements without worrying this morning.  💑  Thank you Steve!  💟

Which should I do first though - take me supplements or walk the puppy❓❔  Steve said supplements first so that's what I'll do.
***

Other than the Calcium (of course, nothing new there then) they all went down reasonably easily this morning.  Time to walk the senior puppy now then.

BBS!
***

The puppy met her Irish friend from yesterday again and got talked to and stroked as we finished off her walk.  She was in heaven again.

Out, walked, fed and watered and it's not even 8am yet!
***

Time to read me emails then start me online day.  Need to check for birthday's on the forum so that I can announce them first though!
***

That's the forum sorted, time to read me emails now.
***

Emails (except survey invites) done and dusted too
***

£32 for the puppy's food and shampoo ain't too bad, just means that I won't be able to save anything at all when I'm paid on Monday, but that's OK 'cos I'll be able to save a small amount in July 'cos of the extra pay day.  The pup is soooo worth it and much, much more!
***

That's the very old, very mouldy bread bagged up and put in the waste food caddy... just need to remember to take it out tomorrow now lol  There's no point having a waste food caddy and bags for the waste food, then not use it❕  We use the recycling boxes and rubbish bag every week, the cardboard bag a couple of times a month, so why not use the food caddy too❔❕  Steve said he's just been binning the waste food in the rubbish bag up to now but why not make the most of something that's collected every week too?  It can all go into a composter or whatever then and it's even less rubbish to take out!  It's free, helps the environment and is collected each week so why not make the most of it❔❔  It's just a few extra minutes a week to get into the habit of using it, so it'll be good to use that too!  Just gotta persuade Steve to get into the habit of putting waste food into one of the clear bags then into the waste food caddy then put that on top of the recycling boxes on a Sunday when we take the rubbish and recycling out.
***

Apparently room-temperature eggs are OK for "a couple of weeks" so I'm having potato squares for lunch today and "we'll have scrambly eggs or an ommlette or something later on in the week" which is fine by me, as long as the eggs are used this time 'cos the last twice (at least) that we got them they had to be binned without being used, so a total waste of money that could have been spent on something else.
***

Quick question for my Brit foodie friends: Apples, the deep red/crimson ones that are slightly taller, sweeter and juicier than Royal Gala etc apples... what are they called and when are they in season from/to please?

We've added banana's and apples to our online grocery order that's getting delivered on Monday evening and I've been looking for them for a few weeks now but they are never there 😔

Are they an Autumn/Winter apple and I'm wasting my time even hoping that they'll be available for several months yet or is it like the Aunt Bessie's stuffing and it's another thing they've dropped from their online shopping thing please?

Just one last quick question, about eggs this time: kept at room temperature, how long from the day you buy them are they safe to eat without risking salmonella please? Steve says a couple of weeks, I say a week and we've wasted 30 eggs over the last few weeks 'cos they'd been hanging around without being used. We got another pack this Monday just gone and I personally think we're risking salmonella if we don't scoff 'em tomorrow but the hubby reckon's they're safe for another week. I'm happy either way, I just don't fancy risking getting food poisoning is all!
***

The apples are Red Delicious apples, I just prefer the darker end of the scale 'cos that means they've had more sun or something, based on the apple tree that's in my mum's garden!  I know what to search for on Sainsbury's now... just gotta remember lol

Steve was right with the eggs too, they are still edible as long as they sink to the bottom of a cold bowl of water, so hopefully we'll have an omlette next week without me getting so fretful about food poisoning.
***

That's me prescription swallowed.  Amazingly easily tonight!  😲
***

That's the PIP form answered in a Word document and printed off for Steve to hopefully have a read of and add anything to it.  The black ink has totally run out so I've just ordered another one that'll be here tomorrow... hope it comes with fitting instructions so that I don't mess it up!  😣
***

Going to bed now... 😴

Nite nite orl!  Sea ewe in the morning!  💤
***


No comments:

Post a Comment