Tuesday 2 March 2021

Book Review: "The Fear-Fighter Manual" by Luvvie Ajayi Jones


⭐ out of 5

This is a good book so far... the sort you can read a few pages of then close it for a few hours and be able to pick it up and get straight back into it.  A word of caution though, if you don't like swearing then don't get this book 'cos there's been at least one swear word every few pages so far.

I was wrong.  There have been occasional OK bit's, but I've skipped through a quarter of the book through sheer boredom, so a star is coming off.

I've skipped up to 42% of the way through and it's just getting worse and worse unfortunately.  I was really looking forward to reading this book but now I'm just wondering why I've wasted so much time on it.  Gonna give it until 50% to dramatically improve or I'm giving up on reading it.

Now I'm getting the author's religion shoved down my throat, so that's the second star gone.

Enough with the religion already... it's quoted scriptures now, which I really don't wanna read 'cos I'm not a Christian!  If it was just very occasionally mentioned then that's OK, but I'm rapidly running out of things to like about this book now!  If you don't mind semi-frequent swearing and lots of religion and selfishness that has nothing to do with the title of the book, then you might enjoy it, but I'm gonna stop reading and head to bed in absolute frustration now.

No comments:

Post a Comment