Thursday 26 January 2023

Book Review: "Harry: Conversations with the Prince" by Angela Levin

Kindle Unlimited:
Audiobook:
Hardcover:
Paperback:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5


If you've read any of my other recent book reviews you'll know that I start off the first paragraph in the same way - by saying that every book starts off with the full 5 stars and that I'm always hopeful that they will still be stuck firmly in place by the time I close the back cover and this book is no different.

I was looking for something totally new to me to help me through these early days of being a young widow so when I saw this was available on Kindle Unlimited, I couldn't really say no lol

Let's get going shall we?

The introduction was interesting and if the rest of the book is in a similar style then it'll be a 5 star book... I'm guessing there won't be any trademark infringements in this book 'cos Prince Harry and the author are both well-informed about that kinda thing lol

Ooh, I enjoyed the first chapter, but the lack of full capitalisation of AIDS is starting to grate on my nerves a bit so the first star is just starting to wobble ever so slightly.

Chapter 2 was good too... I'm starting to realise just how different the royal family and their staff are to you and me and it's breaking my heart already.

The heartbreak that William and Harry must have felt when their parents' separation was announced by the then Prime Minister must have absolutely broken both of them but they had to maintain a stiff upper lip because of who they were.  Poor boys after everything they had been through in their very young lives!

I'm gonna stop reviewing every chapter now 'cos otherwise this review will get too long so I'll just post when I read something that I feel is worth mentioning.

I've just finished reading it and it was a real eye-opener into Harry's life especially, but also the royal family and Meghan's relationship with them.  It's obviously one of the slightly older of the more recent books 'cos a lot has happened that isn't even hinted at, let alone mentioned, but that's OK... reading this book has taken 3 days but it's been worth it for me.

If you're a nosey parker like me and you're interested in getting to know a bit more about our Royal Family, definitely invest in this book!  Well worth every one of those 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment