Sunday 29 January 2023

Knew it was too good to be true! :-(

I've always had an addictive personality, I just didn't realise how much I relied on Steve to keep me off the chocolate.


Please stop laughing.


Yep, totally serious.


So far this morning I've had 15 treat size bars of chocolate, 6 chocolate biscuits and a moca... it's not even 8.15am yet.


It was the same yesterday when I had 18 bars of chocolate and 2 hot chocolates.


Since the groceries came on Tuesday, I've polished off 2kg of treat-sized bars of chocolate.  

 

Alone.


Yep, totally serious about that too.


I thought I'd come out of the other side of that addiction but it seemed to have just been lulling me into a false sense of security.


I've still got my spending addiction under control (cue me going off the rails with that too now) but I haven't been given a choice about that since losing Steve 'cos every penny has to be accounted for now otherwise I won't be able to afford the important things like the mortgage and water and electricity and council tax and my prescriptions and the groceries etc.


I've gotta make a more determined effort to cut this addiction off right away otherwise I'll be overwhelmed again and I really don't wanna go down that road again.


If I say that I'm gonna have more chocolate please, please, please distract me or persuade me out of it or whatever so that I can nip this stupid thing in the bud before I get to the point of no return again.


No comments:

Post a Comment