Wednesday 28 February 2024

Today's (28th February 2024) lunch photo

Lunch today was an instant vegetable Cup Soup made entirely by me while my carer made things so much harder for me today.


While I was filling the kettle, she literally threw the basket off the perching stool.  I put the kettle on to boil while she lifted the perching stool to where she wanted it and I lifted the basket back onto the box so that I could go and get the packet of soup out of the cupboard.  I came in here to put my laptop onto the floor and she moved her leg so that her knee was touching the back of my thigh as I squeezed through.  


When everything was ready in here I had to squeeze past her to make the soup with the freshly boiled water.  I needed a wee pretty urgently after using so much water so I had to squeeze past her other knee to get into and back out of the bathroom, by which time the soup was ready, so I had to squeeze past her original knee with a full mug of soup and back again to wash up when I'd finished drinking it.


I'd just about finished doing the washing up when her 18 minutes were up and to her credit, she lifted the perching stool to the other side of the kitchen again, but put it in the only free space in front of the kettle and towel basket, so with wet hands I had to rearrange everything for the second time so that I could dry my hands and make myself drinks this afternoon.


I had to literally squeeze past her 6 times because of where she had decided to sit and each time I asked her if I could squeeze past, she moved her leg less than 5cm each time.


She left the house leaving the front door wide open so I had to close that before I could sit down and recover too.


Basically, what should have taken 5 minutes with plenty of opportunities for her to do what she's paid for, she decided that she wanted to make it even harder for me than if she hadn't been here.


I'm now sat here in a great deal of pain, shaking like a leaf and with my mood through the floor, but she was here for the minimum time so that's OK right?


Here's today's lunch photo:


No comments:

Post a Comment