Saturday 30 March 2024

Today's carer was...

...the worst of the bad ones.


Why?


Because I was in the bathroom when the doorbell rang so I hurried to the door and apologised for taking so long to get to the door.  She pushed past me and said "that's good" then signed in.  So far so good.  The second her phone tinged the successful sign-in ting, she took her personal phone out of her pocket and started sending texts to someone.  Her phone beeped 5 times in the 2 minutes that it took me to get undressed, another 7 times while I was getting washed and dried, twice while I was putting my deodorant on. She put her phone on the side to put the toothpaste on the brush, then it beeped another 4 times while I was brushing my teeth.


Then, oh boy, it came to getting dressed and she snatched my bra off me, stretched it to the entire width of the stairs and put it over my head, making my glasses fall off.  Her phone tinged another 3 times and she went back to answering that while I finished getting dressed.


She then filled the kettle right up to the top with the hot water tap and started it boiling, then asked me what I was having for breakfast, signed out and buggered off thankfully.


In the 4 minutes since she's been gone, I've already fallen out of my bra 3 times so that's another piece of underwear stretched beyond use now, but apparently I can afford to go through 7 bras, 7 knickers and 14 socks stretched so that they don't fit any more every week 🤷


Time to finish this angry rant, update my to-do list, take the bread out of the freezer for my breakfast then do my first set of laps of the day now I reckon.


No comments:

Post a Comment